Quinoa has increasingly become a go-to option for healthier meals and snacks over the years. Not only is quinoa an excellent plant-based protein source for vegans, it is also gluten-free and has beneficial effects on metabolism health.
If you are a quinoa salad fan, we promise you will love this quinoa bread recipe we have sourced for you. Get ready to satisfy your palate with this brightly coloured and tasty goodness. Enjoy!
- 300g quinoa uncooked
- 100g oats
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 5 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 50g sunflower seeds or other seeds you may like (or omit)
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a blender, place the oats and quinoa and blend until powdery.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and add all the other ingredients, using a spoon combine into thick sticky dough.
- Spoon the dough into a lined or greased 1lbs bread tin and bake for 60 minutes.
- Cover the top with tinfoil after the first 35 minutes to prevent getting the top burnt.
- Set aside to cool for 30 minutes before cutting.