It’s fine to say “yes” to a little self-indulgence sometimes especially with the hot erratic weather in Singapore. Treat yourself with this delicious, dairy-free, creamy, vegan lavender ice cream that is made with lighter and healthier ingredients. By adding in the aromatic lavender, it not only beautifies the look, it also helps to soothe and calm oneself. Furthermore, nothing beats a homemade ice cream!
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup water to cover
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup light agave nectar
- 6 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup cashew milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp dried lavender, a bit of extra for sprinkling
- Place cashews in a bowl and soak with water. Place soaking cashews in refrigerator overnight (about 6-8 hours).
- Drain cashews from soaking water and blend with ½ cup of water for 2 mins until it’s creamy.
- Use fine mesh strainer to strain the cashews so you will be left with a creamy milk, free of grainy residue.
Vegan Lavender Ice Cream:
- Add ¼ cup of water in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add agave nectar and cane sugar, stir until dissolved.
- Add coconut butter and kosher salt, stir until melted.
- Remove mixture from heat and pour into a high-speed blender.
- Add cashew milk, coconut milk and lavender, blend until smooth.
- Transfer vegan lavender ice cream mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze accordingly.
- Sprinkle lavender on the top before serve!