Baked avocado egg is simply delicious and is a perfect breakfast dish. It’s healthy, filling and easy to prepare! Also, by baking an avocado, it makes it exceptionally soft and creamy.
In addition, Avocado has an insane amount of health benefits. It’s packed with potassium, loaded with healthy fats, high in fibre, rich in vitamin C and packed with full of antioxidants. So, start your day with this healthy avocado recipe!
- 3 ripe Avocados, pitted and halved
- 6 Eggs
- 3 slices Bacon (Optional)*
- 1 Tomato, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly chopped Chives for garnish
- 1 Lime
- Sale + Pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place avocados in a baking dish, then crack eggs into a bowl. Using a spoon, transfer yolks to each avocado half, then spoon in as much egg white as you can fit.
- Place bacon in the same baking dish next to the avocados.
- Season avocados with salt and pepper and bake until whites are set and yolks are no longer runny, about 20-25 minutes.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and sprinkle over avocados with the tomato, parsley, chives and lime juice. To be served with a spoon.