With Christmas nearing, this Tahini & Pomegranate almond cookies recipe will be a perfect sweet treat for your guests if you are hosting a party. The cookies are spiced with cinnamon and ginger and what’s even better is its vegan & gluten free! To top it up, the pomegranate adds a pop of flavor and colour to the cookie. Also, who doesn’t like a little antioxidant boost from dessert 😉
- ¾ cup tahini*
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the tahini, maple syrup and almond extract until smooth. Add the almond flour and sprinkle the cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, and salt evenly over the mixture. Use a spatula or wood spoon to stir until well combined.
- Use a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop the dough and use your hands to roll it into balls. Place them on the baking sheet and press down to flatten slightly.
- Sprinkle with pomegranates and bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.