This month superfood is Broccoli. Other than consuming all the various citrus fruits to boost your immune system, Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables that you can bring to the table as it is packed with lots of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
There’s lots of ways you can cook your broccoli (even better if you can have it boiled/raw) but our favourite is oven roasted as we like it when it’s crisp! You can even add it into your grain bowl. Start eating more broccolis to keep your immune strong!
- 12ounces broccoli
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Meyer lemons, halved, optional
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the broccoli florets, lemon halves with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread everything evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast 15 to 22 mins or until browned around the edges. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes to add some colours – optional.