Risotto is a creamy indulgent dish and this short-grain rice is packed with more fiber than a pasta! It’s one of the healthiest meal that can be easily whipped up in a few steps. Try out this super simple recipe that is filling and packed full of flavour, and the best thing is, it’s only 382 calories!
Quantities are for one person, so multiply as appropriate.
- 1 cup chicken/vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon dried porcini mushroom (optional)
- 100gm mixed mushrooms
- 1 rasher of back bacon trimmed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup whole buckwheat rinsed
- 50gm kale (more if you like greens!)
- Place stock, porcini mushrooms in a small saucepan and bring to the boil, then reduce temperature to a simmer.
- In a frypan cook the bacon for about 2-3 minutes and then remove.
- In the same pan cook the sliced mushrooms and garlic, using the stock instead of oil. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the buckwheat and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in 1/4 cup of stock and stir until absorbed, then continue adding stock in this manner, 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add the kale with the last 1/4 cup of stock, cook until the stock is absorbed and the kale is cooked