Planning a small gathering at your house or having a new year celebration? This roasted yuzu chicken with light notes of refreshing citrus taste will be the perfect dish to add to your cook list!
Yuzu is an amazing fruit and ingredient to add to cooking as it’s not only aromatic, it also has various health benefits. It contains lots of antioxidant and Vitamin C and do you know that the malic acid in Yuzu actually aids in a faster muscle recovery. Most importantly of all, it regulates your blood circulation helping to build a stronger immune system!
Try out this simple recipe and surprise your guests with this delectable dish!
- 4 chicken thighs/breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) yuzu juice
- 1 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Grated yuzu peel for garnish (optional)
- Combine garlic, ginger, butter, yuzu juice and light soy sauce in a bowl.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat it evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade and pat dry.
- Place on a baking paper-lined baking tray and roast it, basting with the reserved marinade every 15 minutes, for 1 hour or until golden and cooked through (cover with foil if browning too quickly).
- Before serving, garnish with yuzu peel.
- Served it hot with a side of your choice (e.g. roasted vegetables, salad, mashed potatoes)